Sunday 14 April 2013

TASK 1B: Proffesional Communication technologies

Having read the Reader on Professional communications it re alliterated my feelings on the way in which we tend to communicate today. I feel that the way in which we communicate has developed in its form even since I was young. People will often communicate via a quick text, Facebook message and while I am one of those people I still feel that the world we live in today seems to be quite an impersonal way of communicating. I was surprised to learn from the Reader that there are more than 400 million users and 50% of them Log in every day.

The Positives and Negatives of Facebook

I remember the time that Facebook came to the current day and my friend sounding surprised that I haven't got an account for it yet, so when I went and had a look on the Internet I was intrigued to find out more. I think the idea of Facebook being a way of communicating with friends and family worldwide is a fantastic tool. I feel that as I've grown up many of my firends live all over the country and it is difficult to mantain regular contact that keeping up to date with what our friends and families are doing Facebook is a fantastic way, through photos and comments. I also feel that for the means of running a buisness it is good way to keep people update to date on the running of the buisness, a free means of advertising and a chance to spread the word.

However the negatives are the feel that you are powerless to what anyone would write about you, the observation that Lizzy Rowen made regarding the False sense of Perfection and I agree that it does seem a means of people using it nower days to pursue a happy, exciting lifestyle as a means of showing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment