Sunday 14 April 2013

TASK 2A: REFLECTIVE PRACTISE

Journal Writing Experience….Every so often I am asked to cover at BigLittle Theatre School in Bournemouth where I used to teach. I covered for a few Saturday’s leading up to their Festival Presentation of a two day show case. I felt that with the little time I had with them to teach a routine knowing that I was only going to be there for a few hours throughout the day was a frustrating yet learning experience. I found I was getting frustrated that they weren’t picking up the choreography quickly enough and I forget due to their age being only 7 and above that they were fairly limited in their abilities, therefore I had to simplify the choreography to create a polished piece that they would retain.  

Journal Writing Experience......March the 11th after watching Festival, having just returned back from the BigLittle Festival I was so impressed with the talent that was shown throughout the 2 day event. Festival creates such a fantastic feel good family time where all the students would all join together young and old to watch each other, support, encourage and help.

In November I joined an Amateur Dramatics company and wanted to do it as something for myself as when you’re teaching you miss out on the buzz of performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment